Monday, May 23, 2011

Thanks!

There's still some money left to come in but so far we raised over $750 for St. Jude Children's Hospital with our workouts on Saturday.

Thank you to everyone who participated. Here's a group photo of the 10:00 AM group. Unfortunately, I forgot to snap one of the 9:00 AM group but I did get some video of them.


Congratulations to country singer, John Rich, for winning Celebrity Apprentice last night. His charity was St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. So, besides all the money John raised all season long for St. Jude, they will now receive an additional $250,000 because he won.

People often ask me why I raise money, year after year, for St. Jude. Here's one reason, a Facebook comment I read this morning about John Rich's win and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital...

God Bless you John Rich!! I don't think you will ever know how many lives the blessings from your hard work will benefit! I am alive today thanks to the work done at St. Jude. I was diagnosed with CML at the age of 19 and given less than ...2 years to live.

We never could have afforded the hundreds of thousands of dollars that two other cancer centers were asking for, up front, to evaluate me to see if I was eligible for a bone marrow transplant to save my life. My oncologist took a chance, made a call, and St. Jude accepted me as a patient, NEVER asking for a dime.

I have been cancer free for 17 years thanks to St. Jude. None of their work would be possible without the fundraising/contributions made by countless selfless, caring individuals, including you Mr. Rich! Congratulations! Love and prayers to all the patients, families, and staff at St.Jude!

~ Rachel Lucas

Comment printed by permission.

.

No comments: