Friday, September 4, 2009

No Commitment, Part 2 & The Continuing Saga of Bootcamp Becky

Before I published yesterday's blog post or told anyone my thoughts about the sign I saw, I received an e-mail from one of my bootcamp members. If you're new to my blog you may want to catch up with Becky's story in these other two postings...

Becky's experience at a big box gym

What happened when Becky tried No Pink Dumbbells Bootcamp (You'll have to scroll down about halfway.)

When I got on the scales this morning, something which you know I don't like to do, and would only do backwards, I lost 5 pounds ! WOW ! Now I have the courage to "face the weight on the scales", and it feeds my determination to keep on pushing and challenging myself !

On my way home from Boot Camp this morning, with sweat still dripping from my hair, I passed XXXXXX XXXXXXX. There was a sign in front of their gym, which caught my attention...

NO COMMITMENT. Now, I know this was their membership advertising, but what popped into my mind was, you have to have commitment, personal and that of your trainer, to reach your goals. You get what you pay for !

I love that e-mail. Obviously, it was great to hear that Becky lost 5 pounds but I was also excited to see her comments about the sign. As I mentioned, I hadn't said anything to anyone about that sign; I just made a mental note to blog about it. It was great to have a client make that connection and to take the time to let me know!

Disclaimer: This is not the same gym Becky had her problems with so she doesn't have an ax to grind.

.

No comments: