Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Scathingly Brilliant Idea

Anyone know where that title came from? Leave a comment below with the answer and, if you're right, I'll dig up some kind of prize.

Members, training clients and others often approach me about donating money to their cause or charity. Being a small business, I'm not in a position to support all the requests I receive. So, rather than upsetting anyone by picking and choosing between worthy causes, I simply focus on Body & Soul's main charity, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

I felt bad not being able to help. I've had/have members involved in the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training, American Cancer Society's Relay for Life and the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure. You really need to raise a lot of money to participate in those events. Right now, there's a local woman I "met" on Twitter who's raising money for Sarcoma research in memory of her late husband.

Anyway, on to the idea. I don't know why I didn't think of it before. Well I sort of did but I couldn't figure out how to effectively and successfully promote it that often by myself.


I'm going to start holding a charity boot camp training every Saturday morning. If you are raising money for a worthwhile cause, just reserve the date with me and then invite people. Your invitees will pay to participate and all money raised from them goes to your charity. I will be donating my time, the equipment and the space - there is no charge to you or the organization.

Call me at area code 717, phone number 509-7777 for more info or to get on the schedule. (If Skpe wants to convert our numbers to clickable links, they should stop screwing up my posts when I include the standard phone number format.)

I think this will work. I just wish I had figured it out sooner.

What do you think? Am I missing anything? If so, let me know in the comments section.

1 comment:

Ken said...

This is a great idea, Mickey! I love that you are willing to do this, and hope it is very successful for you.