Tuesday, January 3, 2012

You Get What You Pay For



I'm a bargain hunter. I like to get a good deal.



There are definitely times when cheaper is fine.




I don't buy fancy workout outfits, I exercise in a T-shirt and Chucks. I don't need a 4 star hotel when I go away; as long as the place is clean and convenient, I'd rather save the money. I won't pay $10 more to go to breakfast at a trendy restaurant when the eggs are better at the local diner.


So, yes, I like a good deal but I don't choose price over quality or go cheap on things that matter.

When I opened my gym, I purchased commercial grade treadmills and ellipticals, not cheaply made home versions. When I got a new computer, I paid more because I wanted something durable and reliable, not some bargain off-brand model that could end up causing me lost time and headaches. I wouldn't go to a physician based on the fact that she was the cheapest doc in town and I had a coupon. I doubt that I'm alone in that.

So why do so many people chose a gym because it's the cheapest?

If you are a long-time fitness enthusiast who knows how to properly perform cardiovascular and strength training exercise and to make sure your routine is balanced between muscle groups, a no-frills gym might be right for you. However, let’s be honest, that description doesn't apply to most people.

I've heard it so many times...

Think you'll get results doing this?

*  "I joined Saturn Gym but only ever walked on the treadmill because I didn't know how to do anything else."


*  "I'm frustrated with my results; even though I've been going to the gym regularly, my body's not changing."


 

*  "I was intimidated and no one ever helped me so I quit going."

*  "I tried NY Fitness but the staff spent all their time badgering me to buy personal training."

*  "Can you set my husband up on a routine? He joined XYZ Health Club but all he ever received was a group orientation."

Little or no instruction. No results. Skipping a critical part of a good workout. Giving up.

Does that sound like a good deal to you? In regards to your health and fitness, you really do get what you pay for.

If you're not an experienced and knowledgeable fitness buff, don't be fooled by the promise of a bargain. If you've tried to form a gym habit before but gave up for whatever reason, think about what you really want and need from a fitness center.






Your decision should be based on VALUE, not price.






We spend hundreds of dollars on cable TV; fancy cell phone plans; take out food, electronic book readers, tablets and games; etc.

Isn't improving the quality of your life worth more per month than a couple of designer lattes?

You CAN succeed at getting more energy, dropping excess fat, improving your self confidence, and enjoying life more. You just need the right atmosphere, encouragement, and proper instruction.

There are many factors to consider when looking for a gym. Don't spend $1 until you get my free consumer guide on choosing the right fitness center for YOU. Just go to www.GetFitLancaster.com.

.

No comments: