Friday, July 24, 2009

Circuit Workout

I didn't realize how long it had been since I posted. Sorry. Bootcamp and new training programs for members have been keeping me busy and yesterday, my internet service was down. Anyway, here's a circuit workout for you to try out. Let me know what you think.

Depending upon how much time you have, you can make this a standard length workout or really shorten it up if you're tight on time.

15 reps of each exercise (15 per side on Rows, Hip Extension & Cross Body Mountain Climbers) with no rest between exercises.

* K.B. or D.B. Swings
* One Arm K.B. or D.B. Row
* Lying Single Leg Hip Extension
* Pushups
* Lying D.B. Pullover (Knees bent, feet flat on floor. Hold D.B. at ends to allow more range of motion.)
* Cross Body Mountain Climbers

Rest 30-60 seconds and repeat up to 6 times.

Use good form and challenge yourself. Unless you're really deconditioned, using a 5 pound dumbbell on the above exercises is not going to do much.

No comments: