Friday, December 10, 2010

Collected Fitness Wisdom #28

Strategy trumps willpower. Studies show that willpower is actually in limited supply. Meaning, resist the cookie now, it might be hard to resist it later. Therefore, I believe it is more important to build in good strategies. For example, if you eat ice cream every night, rather than trying to "be good" and resist it, simply remove it from the house. If you consistently visit the vending machine because you don't have time to go to lunch, your strategy would be to pack your lunch the night before and bring it with you.

~Valerie Waters


As a fitness professional, I have heard every excuse in the book why someone chooses not to exercise: Not enough time, too busy, the gym is too crowded, the gym is too far away, I have other stuff to do, it's too hot outside, it's too cold outside, I forgot my sneakers, I don't have my workout clothes with me. And the list goes on and on. And you wonder why we're so fat and obese as a society.

~ Scott Colby


Do people think there are invisible fat sucking trolls living beneath the treadmills? Well I have looked and let me assure you there are not.

If people spent 1/4 the time doing exercises like squats and deadlifts as they did on the damn treadmill they would be leaner, stronger and (last but not least) healthier. Plus they would be out of the gym in a fraction of the time.

~Joshua Carter


Now upon hearing the idea that you've got add muscle to your body to ensure the maximum fat burning environment, a lot of people, women especially, start thinking, "But I don't want to get bigger, I want to lose weight!"  But this is such a shame, because it's very unlikely to happen, and countless women are losing out on
these fat burning benefits because of it.

~Rob Poulos

.

No comments: