Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Another Nail In The Coffin Of Long, Boring Cardio For Weight Loss

As many of you know, I'm not a fan of long, boring cardio sessions. I don't believe they're nearly as effective as cardio intervals or bodyweight circuits, they require more time and they increase your risk of repetitive motion injuries.

So, I recommend more intense cardio workouts because they're more effective for fat loss and, as a bonus, they take less time.

On top of that, I just read an article by Craig Ballantyne that discusses research regarding increased appetite resulting from long bouts of cardio. So, besides being ineffective, could traditional cardio actually be detrimental to losing weight?

Check out the article here ==> Why Cardio Doesn't Work for Fat Loss

.

1 comment:

Dr.Rutledge said...

Hi Mickey,

That's very interesting. Never thought of how long durations cardio could increase appetite to a point were the work out was for nothing. Thanks for sharing the post.

I'm a physician and former faculty member at Harvard and Stanford Medical Schools. I discovered your blog while looking for the best health writers on the web. I reviewed your posts, and think your writing would be a great addition to the Weight Loss Community on Wellsphere, a top 5 health website that has nearly 5 million visitors monthly. If you would like to learn more about how you can join our Health Blogger Network, republish your blog posts and be featured on the Wellsphere platform, just drop me an email at dr.rutledge@wellsphere.com.

Cheers,
Geoff